REVISED DEADLINE for District Council Credentials Registration: Saturday, April 30, 2022, 11:00 AM EDT (UTC -4)
- District Council Credentials Registration: https://bit.ly/D28April2022AnnualBusinessMeetingCredentials
District Council Meeting Resources
- District Council Agenda 2022-04-30 (PDF format)
- District Council Minutes 2021-09-18 (PDF format)
- District Leadership Committee Report 2022-03-14 (PDF format)
- UPDATED: District Realignment Proposal 2022-04-28 (PDF format)
- Reference only: District Realignment Proposal 2022-03-07 (PDF format)
Repost of an email titled “District Council Meeting Reminder and Documentation” sent on Saturday, April 2, 2022 from our District Director, Vera Johnson, DTM, PID to all 2021-2022 voting District Council members
Greetings District Council team!
Thank you for your efforts, commitment, and support to serve our clubs within our district this Toastmasters year! Your contributions are so appreciated beyond what you could imagine!
– the agenda for our Saturday, April 30, 2022 Annual District Council meeting
– the minutes from our Saturday, September 18, 2021 District Council business meeting,
– the 2021-2022 District Leadership Committee (DLC) report, and
– the proposed District 28 Realignment for 2022-2023.
Please let our Administration Manager (Linda Orlando) know If you have any corrections for the Saturday, September 18, 2021 District Council minutes by Saturday, April 16, 2022 to provide Linda enough time to notate all recommended corrections. These corrections will be presented as part of the adoption of the meeting minutes.
There are two (2) vacant nominated positions (Program Quality Director and Division C (formerly Division G) Director) as presented in our DLC Report. After verifying the election process with World Headquarters, here is what can happen:
“If there are no other nominated candidates for these district leadership roles, then the nominations for these roles will be incomplete and any qualified member [as listed in the District Executive Committee roles webpage] can run from the floor without needing to go through the DLC process for that role.”
In addition, from Bylaw Article VII: Officers, Section e.: “All floor candidates must declare their intent to run to the District Director at least seven (7) days prior to the elections.” This declaration needs to be made to me by Saturday, April 23, 2022.
The main purpose of this district restructuring is to provide each reformed division with a logical identity based on geographic location, which follows Toastmasters International’s governing documents.
The new division letters now describe to everyone, including district officers and Toastmasters at large, an approximate location to where each of these divisions reside within District 28. The proposed areas will now be denoted by their division letter and a single digit. ie. M-1, M-2, M-3, etc.
The District Executive Committee has approved this draft of the proposal. There is still room for discussion and recommendations from District Council members. Please forward any recommendations, comments, or concerns regarding this realignment proposal to me by the end of Saturday, April 23, 2022. A compilation of this feedback will be presented at the District Council meeting.
Please register for BOTH our conference and for your voting credentials as soon as possible!
– Conference Registration: https://bit.ly/D28April2022ConferenceRegistration
– District Council Credentials Registration: https://bit.ly/D28April2022AnnualBusinessMeetingCredentials – REVISED DEADLINE: Saturday, April 30, 2022, 11:00 AM EDT (UTC -4)
NOTE: It is very important that your voice on behalf of your clubs is heard at the District Council meeting. Since the meeting will be hosted online, voting proxies will not be allowed by Toastmasters International policy and protocol. In order to have actionable votes during this District Council meeting, we need club representatives from AT LEAST 34 clubs to register by Saturday, April 23, 2022 AND attend.
Conference – Better Together
Please visit https://d28toastmasters.org/event/district-conference-2022/ for more information about Better Together, our 2022 District 28 Conference!
Thank you again for your attention, commitment, efforts, and support for everything that you do!
VeraRepost of an email titled “District Council Meeting Reminder and Documentation” sent on Saturday, April 2, 2022 from our District Director, Vera Johnson, DTM, PID to all 2021-2022 voting District Council members