District 28 would like to invite you to participate in our annual speech contests. We are looking forward to you being a contestant, a judge, an evaluation target speaker, a contest chair, a contest toastmaster, or an audience member. If you’ve never participated in a contest before, now is your chance. Contests provide an opportunity to improve your skills and have some fun.
This year District 28 will conduct the following contests:
- International Speech Contest
- Evaluation Contest
Area, Division, and District 28 Contests:
- We will be holding our contests virtually again this year.
- The International Speech Contest and Evaluation Contest will be during the same event at Area & Division levels.
- Area Contests will be between February 20 and March 26, 2022.
- Division Contests will be between March 27 and April 16, 2022.
- The District 28 Contest will be pre-recorded during the week of April 18, 2022 (details will be finalized & announced before the Area Contests begin).
- The District 28 Evaluation Contest will broadcast, and winners announced, on Friday, April 29th during the District Conference.
- The District 28 International Speech Contest will broadcast, and winners announced, on Saturday, April 30th during the District Conference.
- Your contest may be held in whatever format (virtually, in-person or remote) that works best for your members.
- You may choose to hold your contests at the same time or separately.
- Club contests need to be completed before February 20, 2022.
- If you hold a contest, you MUST follow the contest rules (see link below).
- Whether your club holds a contest or chooses another means to select members for the Area Contest, please send your Area Director a Notification of Contest Winners form (see link below)
For questions about this year’s speech contests, please contact your Area Director.