An important part of Toastmasters training is learning about leadership, and the best way to become skilled at leadership is to experience it.
District 28’s District Leadership Committee (DLC) is seeking nominations for the following district leadership positions for the 2021–2022 Toastmasters year:
- District Director
- Program Quality Director
- Club Growth Director (2 candidates required)
- Division Directors (8 positions)
You may nominate yourself or another Toastmaster with leadership potential. Please encourage individuals that you would like to see in a leadership position to step forward.
See these publications to learn more about qualifications and responsibilities:
- Call for Nominations (PDF): what is required of District Leaders and Role Qualifications
- District Administrative Bylaws: see Paragraph VII and VIII
- Core Competencies (PDF): skills, knowledge, characteristics, attributes of the roles
To be nominated, members must:
- Be in good standing in a District 28 club that is in good standing.
- Meet the qualifications of the position. See Call for Nominations, above.
- Submit all required forms.
- Submit a head shot photo (high resolution, please).
These are the forms to be submitted, along with the photo, to DLC Chair Kim Purohit:
- Candidate Application (PDF)
- District Leader Nominating Form (PDF)
- District Leader Agreement and Release Statement (PDF)
- District Leader Biography Information (PDF)
Submit all documentation, or questions, to DLC Chair Kim Purohit at email@example.com. Deadline for submissions is February 28, 2021. Earlier is preferred.
District Candidates may begin campaigning once nomination forms are received by the DLC Chair. All Candidates are responsible for following all rules and regulations regarding campaign communications, frequency and practices as documented in Protocol 9.0: District Campaigns and Elections.
The District Leadership Committee will interview all candidates and report to the District Director. Nominees will be announced at least four (4) weeks prior to the date of the election.
Incoming district leaders will be elected on April 24, 2021 during the Annual District 28 Business Meeting.