It’s almost time for the 2020 Annual Business Meeting! Clubs will vote to elect one International Officer and seven International Directors to the 2020–2021 Board of Directors, as well as vote on Proposals A and B to amend the Bylaws of Toastmasters International. The virtual Annual Business Meeting will take place on Friday, August 28, at 12 p.m. Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). It is free to attend.
As stated in the Bylaws of Toastmasters International, Article X, Section 1, a Toastmasters club in good standing is entitled to two votes at the Annual Business Meeting. All clubs must designate a proxy to vote. The club’s proxyholder is assigned by either the Club President or the Club Secretary, who will designate the club’s proxyholder online in Club Central. The club’s proxy must be assigned even if you are assigning the proxy to yourself. You can designate a delegate from the club, another active member, or the District Director.
To assign your proxy:
- Log in to Club Central with your member ID/email and password.
- Select the club you wish to conduct business for to access the Club Business menu.
- Click on Club Proxy.
Proxy assignment must be done prior to August 18, 2020.
Once your club proxy is assigned, please advise the proxyholder to do the following:
- Between August 19 and August 22, log in to the Toastmasters International website and go to the “My Profile” page. There will be an “I Intend to Vote” button on the “View Proxy Information” page, which will start the Credentials registration process. You must complete the registration process before you are allowed to vote.
- Attend one of the trainings on how to complete and cast your electronic ballot. Training information will be available on the “Annual Business Meeting” page of the website during the week of the Virtual International Convention.
- Starting on August 28, 2020, log in to the Toastmasters International website and go to the “My Profile” page to cast your votes.
If you have any questions, please let us know!