[D28_community] Toastmasters: Important Year-End Reminders

Karen Holland kholland at umd.umich.edu
Thu Jun 14 16:13:48 EDT 2007

Hello, fellow Toastmasters! Here's one more message about this weekend's
Club Officer Training, and other important year-end matters.  Please
share with your club's officers.  Thank you!

All Club and District officers should attend one of the Club Officer
Training sessions, scheduled for:

    * Saturday, June 16, 2007, at the University of Michigan-Dearborn in
      the Social Sciences Building. A map and driving directions are at:
      http://www.umd.umich.edu/maps_directions/
    * Saturday, June 23, 2007, at Owens Community College (Toledo
      campus) in the Audio/Visual Building. A map and driving directions
      are at: https://www.owens.edu/about_owens/maps.html

For both sessions, the Registration Desk opens at 8:00 AM, the program
begins at 8:30 AM, and we'll wrap up about 12:30 PM. By the way, it's
FREE!  Being properly trained is important for your development as a
leader. The focus of training will be how to help make (or keep) your
club a QUALITY CLUB!

If your club has not already submitted its proxy (mailed to club
presidents back in March in a large, baby blue envelope), please have it
signed and bring it along with you to training!

This Toastmasters year concludes on June 30, 2007. Please make sure that
your club has submitted the required paperwork to TI:

    * Club Officer List for newly elected officers
    * Late Dues for continuing members
    * Applications and Dues for new members
    * Education and leadership award applications

PLEASE, even if your club is over 20 members, PLEASE don't hold onto new
member applications until July. The District receives its funding from
TI based on dues payments, and member payments this year are below
projections. Fewer paying members means lower funding, which affects our
ability to provide high quality services to our members. Also, the
District is trying to achieve Distinguished District status for the
fourth year in a row, and the biggest challenge is in the area of
membership. We REALLY need your help!  Thank you.

Karen Holland
District 28
Lt. Governor of Education & Training
"Yes It's STILL Possible!"