[D28_community] Toastmasters - Club Officer Training Reminder

Karen Holland kholland at umd.umich.edu
Fri Jun 2 12:07:16 EDT 2006

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Hooray!  It's almost here!  Another chance for Toastmasters to get
together!  We'll talk.  We'll laugh.  We'll eat.  We'll learn new
things.  We'll buy stuff from the District bookstore!

What is it, you might ask?  Well, of course... It's Club Officer
Training!  Each incoming club officer for 2006-2007 should attend club
officer training twice a year, once in June/July and once in
January/February.  Even if you've been a club officer before, you should
still attend training.  Sessions are scheduled for:

    *  *Saturday, June 10, 2006, at Owens Community College (Toledo
      campus)* in the Audio/Visual Building.  A map and driving
      directions may be found at:
      https://www.owens.edu/about_owens/maps.html
    * *Saturday, July 8, 2006, at the University of Michigan-Dearborn*
      in the Social Sciences Building (same as in the past).  A map and
      driving directions may be found at:
      http://www.umd.umich.edu/maps_directions/

For both sessions, the Registration Desk opens at 8:00 AM, the program
begins at 9:00 AM, and we'll wrap up by 1:00 PM.  Please arrive on time
and please stay for the entire program. It will be well worth it.  (By
the way, the sessions and the breakfast are all free!)

In addition to the office-specific workshops, there will be segments
designed to help your club with membership building and publicity.
Another segment will help your club determine if it needs a Club Coach.
(Yes, we'll explain what that means.)   We'll even have special
presentations on holding a speech contest, judging a speech contest, and
BEING a successful speech contestant!

We hope to see you there!