[D28_community] Offical Reminder - Club Officer Training

Todd Brockdorf tmb at comcast.net
Tue Jan 10 13:40:07 EST 2006

Hello Toastmasters!

This is your OFFICIAL REMINDER of CLUB OFFICER TRAINING that will be held this SATURDAY (January 14, 2006) at UofM-Dearborn (http://www.umd.umich.edu/about/campus.html) in the Social Sciences Building (it’s the same place where we’ve held it in the past). Registration starts at 8 AM, program starts at 9 AM, and you will be out of there at 1 PM. Please stay for the entire program. It will be well worth it.

A few quick notes:
1. YES! We will have a fully-stocked BOOKSTORE complete with a limited supply of NEW COMPETENT LEADER manuals. First come, first served, so bring your checkbook or cash.
2. YES! Like the wildly successful opportunity at the last training, you will have a chance to attend the SPRING CONFERENCE for HALF PRICE. So...bring your checkbook. (Checks are preferred for tracking purposes).
3. YES! There will be FOOD, including eggs. First come, first served.
4. YES! All club officers are welcome. Others are welcome as well, but the training focuses on issues facing club officers so that they can finish the year on a strong note.
5. YES! Arrive on time. Karen’s AWESOME MEMBERSHIP BUILDING panel discussion is one of the first activities. You CANNOT MISS this opportunity to learn first-hand from successful clubs. Both corporate and community clubs will be represented.

The weather.com forecast for Dearborn, MI on Saturday calls for a high temperature of 33 degrees (Fahrenheit, my friends from Canada) with a 20% chance of precipitation. Winds will be from the west northwest at 12 mph and a maximum humidity of 63%. The UV Index is low at 1, so you can leave the sunscreen at home. The sunrise will be at 8AM. The average high for the date is 33 degrees with the record high being 62 degrees in 1995. We won’t get anywhere near that record high, so bundle up.

Safe travels. See you Saturday. Send email if you have questions or call if it is urgent.

For Speaking and Leadership Excellence,

Todd

--
Todd Brockdorf, DTM
Lieutenant Governor of Education & Training
tmb at comcast.net