[D28_community] New Club, Fall Conference

Karen Holland kholland at umd.umich.edu
Fri Nov 4 15:37:23 EST 2005

New Club

Welcome to The UMBS Toastmasters (# 849467) in Ann Arbor, Michigan,
which chartered on November 1, 2005!  The club is in Division C, Area
12. Club Sponsors are Kevin Olmstead and James Mann.  The Club Mentor is
Steve Gorham.  UMBS Toastmasters stands for the "University
of Michigan Business School."

Fall Conference

The District 28 Fall Conference is quickly approaching, but there's
still time to register to attend!  If you've attended a district
conference before, you know how much FUN they can be.  If you've never
been, let me tell you this:  You may walk in not knowing a soul, but
trust me, that won't last for long!  Toastmasters are a friendly,
talkative bunch, and you'll likely be "adopted" by one or more
attendees, who will quickly make you feel welcomed and help you to get
your bearings.

Registration forms, details about the slate of exciting and educational
workshops, and the schedule of activities are all posted to the District
28 web site:  http://www.d28toastmasters.org/Conferences/

The conference is scheduled for Friday-Saturday, November 18-19, 2005,
at the Holiday Inn-Fairlane, located in Detroit (very near Dearborn), at
the intersection of Ford Road and the Southfield Freeway (M-39).

Hope to see you there!

Karen Holland, DTM
Lieutenant Governor of Marketing
District 28