[D28_community] Toastmasters on TV

Mary Comfort mary at sinda-comfort.com
Fri Mar 28 13:06:46 EDT 2008

Greetings, District 28!

Channel 25 in the Grand Rapids, Michigan area is airing a presentation
on the benefits of Toastmasters.

Here's how it happened: On March 8th, I presented "Public Speaking Tips"
at a training conference for Libertarians running for office. The
session included the benefits of membership in a Toastmasters club.
Although I am not affiliated with any political party, the Libertarians
were welcoming and appreciative of my advice. The videographer submitted
the whole 5-hour program to GRTV along with the isolated "clip" of my
session. The Program Director liked my clip enough to schedule it and
promise to use it as "filler" where needed.

I am not sure when the entire program airs, but if you are planning to
be in the Grand Rapids area, check out Channel 25 on the following dates
to see my clip:
Wednesday, April 2 at 1:40 PM
Sunday, April 6 at 4:40 PM
Saturday, April 12 at 12:10 PM
Thursday, April 17 at 7:10 PM

Grand Rapids is in District 62, but we all benefit when the Toastmasters
International organization benefits. "Think Win/Win!"

Mary Comfort, ATM-B/CL
Unity IV #6838
Area 22 Governor