[D28_community] Tall Tales Contest Cancelled

Karen Holland kholland at umd.umich.edu
Mon Jul 14 16:58:06 EDT 2008

Fellow Toastmasters -

The previously scheduled "Tall Tales Contest," that was to have been
hosted by The Toast of Dearborn this Saturday, July 19, 2008, has been
canceled.  We regret any inconvenience this has caused.  We had to
cancel the contest because :

    * The Toastmaster in charge forgot to mark her calendar and now has
      a date this weekend to go visit Brad and Angelina's new twins in
      France.

    * The Contest Chief Judge was caught up in the sludge hauling
      contract scandal and has fled to Argentina.

    * The scheduled contestants all got into an argument over who caught
      the biggest fish over the Fourth of July weekend and were arrested
      for disorderly conduct.

OK, so maybe those are not the reasons, but the event is still off.  Sorry!

Karen Holland
The Toast of Dearborn