[D28_community] Conference Update

mike at sinda-comfort.com mike at sinda-comfort.com
Tue Apr 15 12:17:56 EDT 2008

Greetings District 28 Members,

The District 28 Communication and Leadership Award recipient this
conference will be Glenda Lewis. "Glenda works at WXYZ-TV/Channel 7 as the
co-anchor of Action News Sunday and Sunday at 6 p.m. and 11 p.m. and
Action News at 10 p.m. on UPN50. She is also a reporter. Glenda also
participates in many community organizations; including Big Brothers/Big
Sisters, United Negro College Fund, Black United Fund, MOTTEP Minority
Organ and Tissue Transplant, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. and the
NAACP." See her complete bio at:
http://www.wxyz.com/content/about7/bios/story.aspx?content_id=3e180330-3ba9-467f-9ac4-6d6ec0dbb227

The conference hotel, DoubleTree Hotel Dearborn, has graciously extended
the Toastmaster guest room rate of $95.00 per night from April 11 until
April 24th. They can be reached for reservations at (313) 336-3340 or
1-800-222-TREE.

Also, the deadline mail-in conference registration is fast approaching.
Please have your registration postmarked by April 21 to guarantee your
meal. After that, registrations will be considered "late", the price goes
up and we can't guarantee meals. We have been experiencing technical
difficulties with the PayPal system and are doing our best to resolve the
problem quickly. To ensure that your registration is processed and to save
the additional cost of onsite registration, please use the attached
registration form. It can also be accessed from the
www.d28toastmasters.org web site.

Finally, if you'd like to help out that weekend, send an e-mail to
Conference Chair Tone Ross at SpringConference at d28toastmasters.org. Have a
great day and I hope to see you at the conference.

Respectfully,
Mike Comfort, CTM/ALB
District 28 Public Relations Officer, 2007-2008
"Friends Helping Friends"