[D28_community] It’s Dues Time!

Karen Holland kholland at umd.umich.edu
Wed Mar 1 17:07:30 EST 2006

What does March mean to you?  To me, it means spring is not far away,
and that the daffodil, tulip, and scilla bulbs I planted last fall will
soon start to break through the surface of the soil.   It also means
that Toastmasters club Treasurers need to COLLECT THE DUES!

The current fee structure is:

Dues:  $27, payable to TI every six months*
New Member Fee:  $20
New Club Charter Fee:  $125
Club Reinstatement Fee:  $162

* Plus the collection of any club dues, if applicable.

Dues are “due” to TI by April 1, 2006, but may be paid on-line at
www.toastmasters.org beginning Friday, March 10.

While it’s fabulous if a club can pay for all of its members at once,
sometimes we find ourselves chasing down one or two members who always
forget to bring their checkbooks to the meeting.   PLEASE submit the
payments you have before the April 1 deadline, and submit the others
when you can.  (Note:  TI requires that the first batch of dues payments
cover a minimum of six members.  There is no minimum for subsequent
payments.)

For more information about the dues structure, and to learn how to
update your club by-laws to reflect the change in dues, please consult
the FAQ sheet developed by TI and posted to:
https://www.toastmasters.org/fupload/media/DuesIncreaseFAQ.pdf   Club
by-laws include a section on dues (Section III).  A sample copy of the
standard club by-laws is available at:
http://www.toastmasters.org/pdfs/210c.pdf

Just in case you are still using the old ones, updated application forms
can be ordered for free from the TI on-line store (item # 400) or can be
downloaded at:
https://www.toastmasters.org/fupload/media/400MembershipAppDI.pdf

If you have any questions or concerns about collecting dues for your
club, please talk to your Area Governor, or contact LGM Karen Holland at
kholland at umd.umich.edu

Thanks!