[D28_community] Reminder: Club Officer Training

Karen Holland kholland at umd.umich.edu
Fri Jun 30 13:41:42 EDT 2006

Did you know that Toastmasters clubs that send their officers to club
officer training are statistically FAR MORE likely to be successful?
It's true.  It's also true that clubs for which officers are not trained
are FAR MORE likely to struggle, or even fold.  At my training session
as incoming Lt. Governor of Education & Training (yes, I go to training,
too!), another Region VI district leader reported that he found the
following to be true in his district:

    * Every club that had _all_ seven officers trained went on to
      achieve President's Distinguished status.
    * Of those clubs where _none_ of their officers attended training,
      _none_ even achieved Distinguished status.

You might think "I don't need to be trained.  I'll figure it out."  You
might think "Training only accounts for one point in the Distinguished
Club Program.  We can skip that one and still be President's
Distinguished."  Yes, you could, but the odds of your club being
successful, and of your members getting the most out of their
Toastmasters experience, are much greater if your officers are trained.
PLEASE don't let this opportunity to learn and to improve your
leadership skills go to waste.

The next session of Club Officer Training is scheduled for *next
Saturday, July 8 at the University of Michigan-Dearborn in the Social
Sciences Building*.  Club officers from any Toastmasters club, whether
in Ohio, Michigan, or Ontario, are welcome to attend.  (Non-officers are
also welcome!)  Directions and a map of the UM-D campus are available
at:  http://www.umd.umich.edu/maps_directions/.

The Registration Desk opens at 8:00 AM, the program begins at 9:00 AM,
and we'll wrap up by 1:00 PM.  Please arrive on time and please stay for
the entire program. It will be well worth it.  By the way, the sessions
and the breakfast are all free! Advance registration is NOT required.

More information on Club Officer Training is included in the most recent
issue of /The Cornerstone/, the District 28 newsletter, which is posted
to the District 28 website, www.d28toastmasters.org   Check it out!

Thank you!