[D28_community] District 28 Fall Conference Announcement

Karen Holland kholland at umd.umich.edu
Tue Aug 15 15:53:04 EDT 2006

Fellow Toastmasters,

I am delighted to announce that the theme for the District 28 Fall 2006
Conference is "Teamwork Makes It Possible!" The November 3-4, 2006,
conference will be held at The Holiday Inn Select in Auburn Hills. The
conference registration form is available on the District 28 website:
www.d28toastmasters.org, under the "Fall Conference" section.

District conferences provide excellent opportunities to learn, laugh,
renew old acquaintances, and make new friends. The Fall 2006 conference
will feature the district-level Table Topics and Humorous Speech
contests, the always interesting District Council business meeting, and
an awesome array of educational workshops! Friday Fun Night will feature
an amazing stage show by hypnotist (and Toastmaster!) Larry Szczepanski
(http://www.thetranquilsolution.com/entertainment.asp). The
Communication & Leadership Award recipient at Saturday's luncheon will
be Michael Scott Karpovich (http://www.karpovich.com/association.htm).
He is a professional speaker on resiliency, a former Toastmaster, works
with grade school kids and conducts drug prevention programs.

We’re seeking workshop presenters, especially those with topics that fit
the theme, such as teamwork, mentoring programs, coaching, and so forth.
If you’re interested, please complete the application form (also on the
D28 website) and/or contact the LGET (that's me!) for further information.

In order to provide a broader range of payment options for our members,
we’re working on a new on-line registration system for those who wish to
pay by credit/debit card. (This option will include a modest surcharge
to cover the cost of offering this service.) Once we have it figured
out, the link will be added to the website.

Hope to see you at the Fall Conference!

Karen Holland, DTM
Lieutenant Governor of Education & Training
2006-2007
District 28 Toastmasters International
"Yes It's Possible!"