[D28_community] Office Training in Ohio District 28

Mark Sutton mark at usacomputersolutions.com
Mon Jul 11 20:32:40 EDT 2005

Hello members,  Todd Brockdorf, our Lt. Governor  of Education and
Training, asked me to forward the following e-mail message to you, and
ask that you relay it to your clubs.  (Todd's out of town until late
Wednesday, and I had already constructed this list!)  If you have
questions before Todd returns, contact me and I'll do my best to answer
them.  Thanks!

Karen Holland, Lt. Governor Marketing
(w) 313-593-5330, (h) 313-274-2384, kholland at umd.umich.edu

Here's the message:

Hello!  Toastmasters - This One Is Different

IF YOU MISSED THE LAST ONE, DON'T MISS THIS ONE
This training is SIGNIFICANTLY DIFFERENT than the training that was
offered in Michigan in June.

Yes! You can attend both trainings. They will be SUBSTANTIALLY
DIFFERENT. The July training will focus on leadership development and
networking with other Toastmasters leaders. Note that you can only get
one Distinguished Club Program credit for attending club officer training.

THIS ONE IS DIFFERENT
Geared specifically to Toastmasters club leaders, this training will
focus on deep leadership skills. There will be no bonus workshops. Most
of the training will be in a large group setting. Club officers and
those seeking better leadership skills are invited.

THE MORE OFFICERS TRAINED, THE BETTER YOUR CLUB WILL BE
Studies have shown that Toastmasters leaders who attend club officer
training have better club performance. You may think you know
everything, but encourage your fellow officers to attend and you can
just go along for the ride.

YOU WILL LEARN
Duties of Your Office
Member recruitment strategies
Member retention and involvement strategies
How District & International levels relate to your club
How to promote Toastmasters events in your club and community
Vision development
Stretch Goals and how to establish them
Action Plans and how to establish them
Strategic planning

YOU WILL GET
Breakfast
Lunch
Networking opportunities
Specific plans to implement in your clubs
New leadership skills

WHEN? WHERE??
The July Club Officer Training will be at Owens Community College in
Perrysburg, Ohio on Saturday, July 16 from 8AM (Registration) 9 AM
(PROMPT Start) until 2 PM - yes, stay for the entire session. It will be
well worth it. Plus, lunch is provided.

Address:
30335 Oregon Road
Perrysburg, OH 43551

We will be meeting in the Audio/Visual Classroom Center (AVCC)
Directions available at: http://www.owens.edu/about_owens/map_toledo.html

COST
Nothing. Nada. Zero. Zilch. Nunca. Free.

See you Saturday, July 16.

For Speaking and Leadership Excellence,
Todd
Todd Brockdorf, DTM
Lieutenant Governor of Education & Training, 2005-2006
tmb at comcast.net