[D28_community] Fall Conference - ASSISTANCE NEEDED

Todd Brockdorf tmb at comcast.net
Fri Aug 12 14:41:21 EDT 2005

Toastmasters,

Did you know that there are many opportunities to help at the upcoming Fall Conference on November 18 & 19, including many speaking opportunities to help you Stretch for Success? Please see below for the opportunities and information on how to get involved. We need your assistance.

WORKSHOP PRESENTERS
There are nine workshops, scheduled in three sessions, at the Fall Conference. We are looking for a diverse set of programming for our members, from speaking and leadership skills to general interest. Programming relating to our conference theme, “Building Bridges to Success,” is particularly encouraged. If you are interested in presenting a 45-minute educational workshop that will be beneficial to our members, please let Lieutenant Governor of Education and Training Todd Brockdorf (aka me) know. Contact me at tmb at comcast.net for a workshop presentation information form. Workshops and presenters will be selected at the end of August, so HURRY. These opportunities go quickly.

COMEDIANS NEEDED
Friday Fun Night will feature the comedy of professional comedian and Toastmasters 2001 World Champion of Public Speaking, Darren LaCroix. Like all good stand-up comedy shows, there are a few opening acts before the main feature. Do you think you’re funny? Show off your talents to the district. We are looking for four people to open for Darren, doing about 4-5 minutes of stand-up comedy or very humorous speeches. Hint: you should be funny; we don’t want to have to use the hook. If you are interested, contact Friday Fun Night Chair Paula Shelton at pdshelton at cmsenergy.com.

ASSORTED ASSISTANCE
We have opportunities for people to lead pledges, read missions (our district’s, not your personal one), offer toasts, provide inspirational thoughts, introduce speakers, monitor workshop presentations, guard doors, etc. PLEASE, if you are going to the conference, volunteer for SOMETHING. We are all in this together and the conference’s success depends upon all of us. Send me (Todd) a message (tmb at comcast.net) and I will redirect your desired volunteering position to the appropriate person.

THANK YOU and see you at the Fall Conference where we will “Build Bridges to Success.”

For Speaking and Leadership Excellence,

Todd

--
Todd Brockdorf, DTM
Lieutenant Governor of Education & Training
tmb at comcast.net